Milani Conceal + Perfect 2 in 1 Foundation Review









skin background: 1. oily/combination with dry patches
      2. acne prone sensitive
                                       3. have some acne scarring both dark and a bit deep marks

I came across this foundation while at my local grocery store (HEB if you live in TX you'll know) and it seemed new since I have loved Milani for a while for it being a decent brand and it is also cruelty free.  PRICE: $9.99 

I have been religiously using BECCA ultimate complexion creme, full coverage and not matte and is made up 21 percent pure pigment and 22 percent water. 
I have raved and labeled this foundation as my holy grail, and I still do but the $44 dollar price tag always gives me buyer's remorse at first.  I only buy the BECCA when I have my 20% off coupon at ULTA or racked up dollars on points so it won't hurt me as much.  I also only use it sparingly since half a pump is technically all you need because A FULL PUMP is WAAAAAAY too much. TRUST ME ON THIS.  I wrote a blog about this already it's right here http://miqpaula.blogspot.com/2015/03/becca-ultimate-coverage-complexion.html

OKAY. Enough raving about Becca.  Here is a collage starting off my skin without makeup on, it had cleared out after such a long time of taking care of it and two weeks of chocolate, going out and having some drinks, pimples. Beautiful skin comes from within. Let me repeat, comes from WITHIN. Diet can be top three causes other than genetics and hygiene like taking off makeup and skincare.  That will be another blog... 


LEFT TO RIGHT TOP: BARE SKIN AND BOTTLE (Shade 04 Medium Beige- I think I can go lighter as well)
LEFT TO RIGHT BOTTOM: FOUNDATION WITHOUT SETTING AND FOUNDATION SET WITH POWDER ON TZONE AREA

As you can see when it was not set my laugh lines were marked and it does not show here but around my nose area got a bit oily and broke down a bit. This was after 4 hours with some humidity. So it can probably last 6-8 in an office without setting BUT around the nose and mouth color will come off. Technically bronzer, blush and highlight will set which is why it is still vibrant.  I also tried putting powder without re-doing it just blotting then powder on top of the foundation after the 4 hours and it did not look cakey.  If it does get oily and you are not feeling the satin/dewy look then blot with a tissue and then powder. I will always advice against blotting with powder because again CAKEY. Just don't do it to yourself please.

COVERAGE: It is medium to buildable but remember, foundation is to even out skin tone NOT cover blemishes, that's what a CONCEALER is for no matter what claims the foundation may have. That's how you will end up with a caked face with horrendous laugh lines and 3 ft deep in foundation!  The 2 in 1 conceal and perfect label can be used loosely, take it as max coverage not literal concealer as well UNLESS you will use it to conceal as well after one layer of foundation which you can most certainly do! But I would NOT recommend doing that under your eyes it will cake up. Under eyes are delicate should have moisturizing concealers that won't settle in lines. It is most definitely NOT matte. It is a bit dewy/satin finish but not those luminating foundation type either that's like a BB cream, and it does not contain sparkles either.  Scars equals to don't ever put sparkles whether blush or powder or foundation on those parts. Mine would be my cheek area.

LONGEVITY: I wore the foundation set with powder around my nose, laugh lines and a light dust on top to set my whole makeup.  I really enjoyed it but I think if it is set with a makeup spray, you can swim and still pull off Gigi Hadid from the how deep is your love video just like how Becca is as well.  

APPLICATION: I used CLEAN FINGERS putting strokes then spreading a bit on my face then blended with beauty blender. Also good with a dense foundation brush but just like any foundation I always prefer putting it with my hands not just strokes but spread it a bit to make it easier on the beauty blender.

RATE: So I rate this 8 out of 10 for needing to be worked with a bit but definitely a staple from now on! I will update when I run out just like the Becca as well.  Today is 1-31-16.

Thank You for reading!

Video:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ABH/Sigma/Morphe/Real Techniques Brushes Dupe for $2-5