My favorite Rosy/Mauve Nude Lip Products! (I don't use some of these anymore because they are not cruelty free: loreal and rimmel)


These nude lip products are so far my favorite from the drugstore! I haven't been convinced just yet to make a switch since they do last a while and their lasting power on my lips have never been a problem. I am considering to try MAC and Make Up Forever lip liners for their staying power but have not quite succumbed just yet. Do you have favorites? Please comment and share down below!


Left-Right:
Jordana Rock N' Rose $2-3
Jordana Tawny $2-3
 Rimmel 063 Eastened Snob $4-6 
The Jordana ones were more dry in formula while the Rimmel was a little more creamier to apply. On the pictures above you can actually see what I'm talking about when it comes to the Jordana ones being more dry it accentuates the lines that I have while the Rimmel does the same but the texture looks more velvety but still on the matte side.  Either way lips should always be exfoliated and moisturized before applying other lip products for a smoother application. Both of their staying power was the same and I use lip liners to either line my lips before lipstick which is their main purpose or fill my entire lips with them, technically using them as matte lipsticks/lip stains.  





L'oreal Coloure Riche Balm in 818 Nourishing Nude $6-8
Just as described by the name it does act like a color balm with a balm/gel/cream consistency.  Even though this falls under the 'balm' category I still use a lip balm underneath just because I strongly believe in moisturizing my lips with a lip balm that is catered towards lip hydration it's just like using a moisturizer before applying a tinted moisturizer/BB/CC cream.  I prefer this over the Revlon lip butters just because they made dry parts of my lips very obvious with the fine glitter of the product clinging onto them but were a bit more pigmented than these L'oreal ones.




Almay Color+Care Liquid Balm  in Rosy Lipped $5-7
Right off the bat it does remind me of the previous product but in gloss form. This has got to be my favorite nude lip gloss of all time, lip glosses usually just sit on top of my lips and when they wear off they have a tendency to dry my lips out except for Nars and the YSL lip stains which this one to me is a combination of both. How nude it is isn't the type that makes me look sickly.  It has that sticky factor but is hydrating and lingers like the ysl lip stain but looks like the nars lip gloss because the stains look a little less glossy and you can tell it's more thick which is why this is in the middle of those.





Rimmel Kate Lipstick in 104 $4-6
This color is a mauve-nude and is marketed as a 'matte' but to me it isn't really matte it is more of a velvet.  It isn't long wearing which is the downside but the color and smell for some reason is what makes this as one of my favorites.  It sure does look like Kat Von D's Lolita lipstick but not the staying power of it obviously.  It isn't drying which is a plus and is affordable at the drugstore!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ABH/Sigma/Morphe/Real Techniques Brushes Dupe for $2-5