First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream

This is the 2.0 oz tube for $12 at Sephora
It also comes in a jar of 6.0 oz for $30 

First and for most, I am in love with this moisturizer! My skin type is oily combination leaning more towards oily but combination because some parts of my face is slightly dry due to acne and just around my nose and mouth is sometimes dry.  

What drew me into this product is how it does not contain harsh chemicals, parabens or colorants as stated on the front of the tube.  I wanted something similar to Cetaphil but with more benefits it was just so basic to me I wanted to try a bit more moisturizing formula. When I came across this moisturizer I simply heard it was good for drier skin no fragrance and was a very good base for makeup and what girl can refuse that? Even though I had oily to combo skin, the colder weather made my skin a little dull and not applying so much of the product would not make my skin oilier because a little FYI, even though your skin is oily does not mean you can dehydrate it by not using enough moisturizer.

How it works is also very interesting, see how it says "relieve irritation due to eczema and other skin conditions?" well that is because they claim that it "was designed to powerfully deliver hydration deep into the dermis" meaning basically treats skin dehydration and water loss from under the surface of your skin.  Now I don't have these conditions but I can see how it may help because it does leave my skin supple and soft even after a long day without having to re-apply on my dry areas. And it is also designed to be able to work with prescription treatments if you have any example like a topical cream for acne or dermatitis or eczema you can apply this after your skin has absorbed the treatment or as they suggest to mix it in with your prescription like Retin A which is very drying to the skin.

Final Thoughts:
I love using this moisturizer while it's still technically winter and will look around their products for maybe a lighter moisturizer for the summer.  I think a little goes a long way with this product though that if I use a smaller amount I would still have moisture and won't look like a grease ball during the warmer times.

Last but certainly not the least, this entire brand is cruelty free, all ingredients are natural they don't test on animals! It is quite difficult to find a brand that doesn't because most of the time FDA may require to test. I went to their website FAQS to read more about their brand and quote on quote they "never will" test on animals.
If you're curious like I was, feel free to visit their website
First Aid Beauty FAQ Page


Disclaimer: Nope I am not at all affiliated or sponsored in any way! Bought my own moisturizer with my own money at Sephora :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ABH/Sigma/Morphe/Real Techniques Brushes Dupe for $2-5