MAC Cyber World Lip Liner and Wet N Wild Vamp It Up 919B (I NO LONGER SUPPORT MAC PRODUCTS)

IMAC's new shade Cyber World is almost like their lipstick shade Cyber in a lip liner form the color is described as "intense blackish purple." It was recently released in the "Pencilled In" Collection along with other purple toned lip liners such as Heroine and Nightingale which look very nice as well and may be my next purchase. For now let us focus on Cyber World because I have been on a hunt for an eggplant like shade lip liner which is hard to come by apparently.


Left: Wet N Wild 919B Vamp It Up
Right: MAC Cyber World Lip Pencil

I was obsessed with my Vamp It Up lipstick for while after seeing a picture of Rihanna (click here for inspo pic of her) with dark matte purple lips.  Sometimes it would pull too dark and did not last long on my lips.  Even though it is classified as a matte lip color it does not appear to be full matte which makes not as drying but also does not last as long as a matte would.  I figured a lip liner would solve this problem but which one? I was intrigued by Nightmoth also by MAC but this color seemed maroon or burgundy to me.  So I searched high and low read a billion blogs and looked through Pinterest where I found a picture of Cyber World but with no swatches so I headed to the website and saw its picture comparison to Nightmoth and did appear very violet.  

The wear is just like your usual MAC lip liner quite long lasting and did not fade until after I ate greasy foods and it only faded from the inner portion of my lips.  In my opinion it did make my Vamp It Up lipstick a more rich color with also helping it last longer on my lips but the lipstick moved the lip liner maybe because of its quality or texture? I'm not so sure as to why it does this but when I put it on top wherever I slide it some of the liner peaks through or becomes a tad lighter then I have to smack my lips together to even it out.  The picture shows that only with the liner it's matte then with the lipstick it has that creamy texture but not so much and the middle part is a little lighter. 


(sorry for the crookedness)
Top: MAC Cyber World (2 layers on its own)
Bottom: Cyber 1 Layer of World and Vamp It Up 



As I swatched it side by side to Vamp It Up it looked more plum than the very eggplant color but when swatched next to a purple eyeliner I own just to see how it looks next to a pure purple it does seem to be a darker version of it.  
FINAL VERDICT:  I do love it but now that I am happy with its pay off and longevity, I want that rich velvety violet more opaque so I may have to mix it with a matte lipstick from MAC that will not darken it per say but give that velvet look options are smoked purple and heroine and Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipsticks (any violet liquid lipstick for that matter that isn't too drying).  Do you have any suggestions? Please feel free to let me know!


Left: Side by side of Cyber world and Vamp It Up
Right: Cyber World and purple eyeliner



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ABH/Sigma/Morphe/Real Techniques Brushes Dupe for $2-5