SKINCARE-Stop Using Witch Hazel! and Eye cream is not necessary?

Today I was researching toners to find the best one for me as I have recently found out that witch hazel is NOT good for the face. I also saw a famous youtuber's video on skincare (Chloe Morello: VIDEO HERE )  and she said when she went to see her dermatologist she told her all this time thinking that her skin was oily it was dehydrated therefore producing more oil than needed! 

I already knew that if the skin is dehydrated it produces more oil but it just reminded me that MAYBE just maybe sometimes when I use my witch hazel toner my skin was dehydrated because it causes irritation.  My skin was not in hives but it's way of showing that it's getting irritated was probably being dry then producing a lot of oil. When I wake up I usually look like a complete grease ball now that I know better, it shouldn't be that way. Of course I just thought that was normal when you sleep. 

Toner that seem to interest me is the Derma E Soothing Toner with Anti-Aging Pycnogenol  which is rated number one by Paulaschoice-Beautypedia where they have thousands of reviewed products and recommendations. (No I'm not paid to say this, ha, I WISH)

Aside from looking for a toner I was also looking for an eye cream because the creasing under my eyes are just bothering me more than before. I went on beautypedia by paulaschoice link HERE to look at the most recommended and to look at reviews as well and for the right price of 12.99 Cerave was on top and recommended they listed it's pros without any cons. I am going to try it and review it after a while for now here are it's Pro's and what Beautypedia had to say about eye creams.

CeraVe Eye Repair Cream Pro's:
  • Contains a beneficial array of anti-aging ingredients.
  • Fragrance free.
  • Works well to moisturize skin around the eye (or the face).
  • Packaged to keep key ingredients stable during use.
  • Inexpensive for such a powerhouse formula.


Beautypedia's eye cream advice to some:

"Why You May Not Need an Eye Cream: There is much you can do to improve signs of aging around your eyes, but this doesn’t have to include using an eye-area product. Any product loaded with antioxidants, emollients, skin-repairing and anti-inflammatory ingredients will work wonders when used around the eye area. Those ingredients don't have to come from a product labeled as an eye cream or gel or serum or balm—they can come from any well-formulated moisturizer or serum.
Most eye-area products aren't necessary because so many are poorly formulated, contain nothing special for the eye area, or come in packaging that won't keep key ingredients stable. Just because the product is labeled as a special eye-area treatment doesn't mean it's good for the eye area or any part of the face; in fact, many can actually make matters worse.
You would be shocked how many eye-area products lack even the most basic ingredients to help skin. For example, most eye-area products don't contain sunscreen. During the day, that is a serious problem if you aren’t wearing it under a broad-spectrum sunscreen rated SPF 30+ as it leaves the skin around your eyes vulnerable to sun damage—and that absolutely will make dark circles, puffiness, and wrinkles worse. Of course, for nighttime use, eye-area products without sun protection are just fine.
Whatever product you put around your eye area, regardless of what it is labeled, must be well formulated and appropriate for the skin type you have around your eyes. You may prefer using a specially labelled eye cream, but you may also do just as well applying your regular facial moisturizer and/or serum around your eyes"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ABH/Sigma/Morphe/Real Techniques Brushes Dupe for $2-5