Back to School Drugstore Makeup♡
Disclaimer: I actually do use these products on the daily and trust in them I hope you'll love them as well




1. Brows: Now I use the Pears soap from the dollar store or any clear ish one I can find with a bit of water on my spooly before anything to give me a feathered look, before I used to use the clear elf brow gel but I just find the soap more convenient at home if you carry your makeup bag I suggest any clear brow gel or the fiber ones like Essence has if you have a sprase brow so by the time you pencil in it's already set, you can also do it afterwards but sometimes it takes off some of the pencil 
Image result for elf clear brow & lash mascaraImage result for essence make me brow

2. Primer/Setting Spray
  • ELF mineral primer/ Monistat Chafing Gel: (Both are silicone based for filling pores, if you don't have many pores SKIP THIS!!) I mix it with the foundation for a thicker consistency and works great, you can use it separately, of course, I just prefer it this way, try it! Everyone raves about the Monistat chafing gel it isn't anything new! I used to use it back then when the elf one hasn't been on market yet it's just easier to get a hold of the elf one but they work the same
Image result for elf primerImage result for monistat primer
  • (VERY OILY SKIN ONLY) Milk of Magnesia: can be applied to a cotton pad like a toner ONLY on areas that are very oily to help your foundation/ powder stay on longer (shake bottle before each use so you don't have those white powdery residue)
Image result for milk of magnesia
  • Milani Make it Last Setting Spray/Pixi Fixing Spray: spray on the face before foundation to help stick! I learned this trick from Karen (iluvsarahii on YouTube) the only complaint I have with the milani is that black part of the spray it leaks sometimes in there, both mists are excellent they spray fine and evenly
 Image result for milani make it last setting sprayImage result for pixi makeup fixing mist
  • (LUMINOUS) Pixi Milky Hydrating Mist/Milani Make it Dewy: same concept before and after all makeup is done. Pixi is my favorite, it's not a setting spray but I do notice it helps my makeup cling and provides moisture to my face with a glow from within type of look I use it for both setting and priming since I'm into that luminous look these days , the Milani Make it Dewy is good as well but I just really go mad about that black spray leaking! 
Image result for pixi hydrating mistImage result for milani make it dewy

3. Foundation: both liquid in consistency and has medium coverage, Milani has a smidge more coverage but it does cause a bit of flashback
  • Wet N Wild Photofocus (Golden Beige)/Milani 4 in 1 Foundation (04)(L to R)
Image result for wet n wild photofocus foundation golden beigeImage result for milani foundation 04



4. Concealer : NYX has more coverage and shade range but is a tad drier, the WNW is more moisturizing but less coverage I'd say 

  • NYX HD (CW 04-05): the shade differs for me sometimes but it's those two and Wet N Wild Photofocus (medium peach) (L to R)
Image result for nyx hd concealer 04 ULTAImage result for wet n wild photofocus concealer

5. Setting Powder
  • Air Spun Translucent Extra Coverage: I apply this after blending out my concealer below my eyes but not too close to my lash line as it will dry out my contacts so if you're a contact wearer be aware of that! I also pat it on cheek area that's under the eyes (to diffuse look of pores there) not where I put blush or anything, beside the nose and laugh lines, I don't bake with it I just use the damp blender to pat it on.
Image result for airspun translucent powder

6. Bronzer
  • Highly Recommend! Jordana Contour Stick (medium 02): I got mine from Walgreens, has an ash undertone great for contouring but as a light bronzer without anything on top I love it as well
  • Wet n Wild Contour Stick (where's walnut): this is also great but it's a warm color I wouldn't contour my nose with it just bronzer around face
Image result for wet n wild contour stick
  • NYC Sunny Bronzer: it is a warm tone color like the where's walnut good bronzer not for contouring, I haven't been using a lot of bronzer lately with the Jordana to me it works for both! But if you like powder bronzer this is your best bet!
Image result for nyc sunny bronzer

7. Blush
  • Milani Luminoso and Berry Amore (L to R): luminoso provides a more peach as you can see but not orange at all, and berry amore is a dusty rose color I love them both 
Image result for milani luminoso blushImage result for milani berry amore blush
8. Brows ... AGAIN: I do this after the brow gel is set so I just have to fill in where I need it to without having the brow gel take some of the pencil away
  • NYX Microbrow (Ash Brown/Black): it depends how dark I want my brows since my hair is dark brown it can go either way Ash brown is definitely softer but this formula is great it's stiff so you can create strokes not as creamy as ABH
Image result for nyx micro brow pencil

9. Liner
  • NYX liner(brown perfection): I just use this on top of outer part of my lash line and smudged to a mini wing nothing too fancy it helps define my eyes and it does not smudge not as noticeable as black liner but black can be used to, I used to use the NYX liquid liner in black but its easier with a pencil for me with this look
Image result for nyx liner brown perfection

10. Setting Spray...Again: Those recommended above are what I'll use, and I do it before mascara so it won't smudge and highlight so the highlight looks more glowy, the spray helps with that--FAN FACE A BIT to let it get tacky before highlight
Image result for milani make it last setting sprayImage result for pixi makeup fixing mist

Image result for pixi hydrating mistImage result for milani make it dewy
11. Highlight
  • Essence Pure Nude Highlight/ Wet n Wild Precious Petals: pure nude is more subtle glow and precious petals is very glowy with a bit more glittery sheen but not chunks of glitter
Image result for Essence pure nude highlighterImage result for precious petals wet n wild

12. Curl Lashes and Mascara
  • Essence False Lash Effect/Essence Extreme Volume Waterproof : I use both but mostly the false effect since waterproof can be a bit of a hassle to take off
Image result for Essence False Lash EffectImage result for Essence Extreme Volume Waterproof
13. Lipliner
  • Jordana Lip Liner in Tawny

Image result for jordana lip liner tawny


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ABH/Sigma/Morphe/Real Techniques Brushes Dupe for $2-5