Setting Powders Review (updated 7/23/18)




*most recent* No. 7 Translucent Powder (7/23/18)
THIS IS MY POWDER ATM
20g/0.7 oz
PROS:
-on the affordable range $12.99 for  .7 oz/20 g
-bought mine at target (easily accessible)
-finely milled
-very smooth
-has hyaluronic acid, did not make my under eye area dry or crepe-y
-no flashback

NO CONS for me!

with flash

no flash
 

AIR SPUN (extra coverage translucent)
2.3 oz 65g
$5.99 (most affordable)

PROS:
-Excellent price point
-A LOT of product
-Works well with setting spray
-does not look cakey, looks most natural on pictures
-a little bit brightening since it's not colorless

CONS:
-STRONG perfume scent
-Minor flashback and I mean REALLY MINOR (if packed on it will most likely cause a major flashback so I suggest using a colored setting powder on top if you want to use this for all over your face)
-not as finely milled as more expensive powders
-A little drying for me under the eyes (maybe because of fragrance?)


-Still will have some creasing since it is a bit drying on me (under eyes, laugh lines) 













CINEMA SECRETS ULTRALUCENT AND RCMA (both colorless)
(right side of pic is cinema secrets left is rcma)
Cinema Secrets: .60 oz 17g  $22 Sephora 
RCMA: 3 oz 85 g $12 Online Only

PROS:
-no color whatsoever will just strictly set makeup
-very smooth and silky
-not drying at all
-CINEMA SECRETS has the best ingredients out of all
-RCMA has A LOT of product
-doesn't crease

CONS:
-RCMA is hard to get a hold of and packaging is weird like a spice bottle
-definitely has a white/gray flashback? (UGH) NOT a glow 
-since it's colorless there is no brightening effect under the eyes (could put a brightening powder on top like kat von d yellow powder or Anastasia banana both from contour kits also sold individual refills)
-could use a colored setting powder on top IF you want to try and cancel out it having that flashback if used on the face but if you usually just use setting powder all over, then it will be an additional cost unless you already do this step

CINEMA SECRETS------------------------RCMA 
















COVER FX PERFECT SETTING POWDER (translucent light)
.35 oz 10g
$35 Sephora/Ulta

PROS:
-the container has a cover on top of sifter so the product won't spill
-smooth and silky
-has two colors (light and dark, would depend on your skin tone)
-looks really flawless on pictures
-helps bright the n undereye area

CONS:
-EXPENSIVE for the amount of product it has
-SOME flashback but gives that glow and brightness to it BUT will have HEAVY flashback when packed on
-would only use in specific areas that you want to brighten-like center of the face

**would use colored setting powder on top to be safe or bronzer on the perimeter of the face (which I already do so this isn't so much of a con just stating)**














TOO FACED ETHEREAL 
.56 oz 17 g 
$32 sephora/ulta

PROS:
-very smooth and silk
-lightweight (cannot feel it)
-not drying 
-looks flawless (when evenly applied)
-extra cover for sifter so it does not spill everywhere

CONS:
-the obvious white flashback?!
(I don't understand how this happened as I had applied it to some parts of my cheeks but maybe not as much PLUS have bronzer and blush on top of it)
-LOOK AT MY UNDER EYE AREA OMG OMG OMG (this was applied with a damp beauty blender)
-none of the other powders did this not even the cinema secrets or rcma whic had the most white cast before trying this

**I really loved this formula so I will try with a brush and hopefully still will set the same as with a beauty blender because again, so far I really liked this formula so lightweight! and non drying!**

UPDATE:
I decided not to bother trying with a brush, I use my setting powders to also set the rest of my face and put a little bit on my powder brush to help blend my makeup. So I just don't want to risk or put more effort on my makeup just to make this powder work when even my air spun doesn't do this.


FLOWER BEAUTY MIRACLE MATTE TRANSLUCENT FINISHING POWDER
AND SATIN  (YES BOTH)
.28 oz
$13.99 Walmart/Ulta

PROS:
-very finely milled
-affordable
-undereye area looked and felt smooth and seamless
-mattifying but not drying

CONS:
-horrible flashback LOOK AT THIS MESS BELOW
(that is literally it for me, I've used a beauty blender and brush both just give horrible flash results)

LEFT matte----RIGHT satin(less on satin)

ELF BEAUTIFULLY BARE POWDER
$6.00 Ulta/not sure where else

PROS:
-very smooth
-nice compact

CONS:
-flashback
(I only used this on eye area so I'm not sure how it is for the face)

It's on the left where flashback is on



MILANI POWDER CONCEAL+PERFECT POWDER FOUNDATION
.43 oz
9.99 Target/ 10.99 Ulta

PROS:
-very smooth
-good ingredients
-medium coverage


CONS:
-flashback (that's all) as you can see the left side of my face is significantly lighter than my neck

left is milani where I'm holding the compact 
right eye is becca brightening powder


BECCA UNDER EYE SETTING POWDER
.07 oz
$25 Ulta/Sephora

PROS:
-based on pic above (right eye) it is definitely brightening
-smooth
-best used with brush this isn't a baking powder
-looks good on pictures
-no flashback
-does not cake on

CONS:
-EXPENSIVE for only .07 oz of product COME ON BECCA!
-ONLY for light dusting and setting of concealer 

OFRA BANANA POWDER REFILL PAN
$12 Ulta/Ofra

PROS:
-definitely brightening
-yellow tone
-smooth

CONS:
-too yellow for me

it's the one on the left as you can see the yellow is very obvious 




NYX NO FILTER POWDER
$11.99 ULTA

PROS:
-looks smooth when lightly dusted
-smooth
-glowy (no shimmer)

CONS:
-kickback
-VERY POWDERY ON TOP OF FOUNDATION (VERY VERY)
-STILL powdery used as powder foundation
-accentuates pores
-reminds me of stay matte not flat from NYX
-I got oily

my foundation was too dark yes I exchanged it already but th powder is horrifying in natural light!!!!!!!!!!!!!












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ABH/Sigma/Morphe/Real Techniques Brushes Dupe for $2-5