Milk Makeup Luminous Blur Stick Primer Review & Korean Inspired Makeup

I received the Blur Stick complimentary from Influenster but did this not mean I wasn't going to be fully honest with my review of this product.

First off the price is quite steep $36 it's the same as the becca matte and poreless full size and I just bought the trial because that to me for a primer was too expensive. Another favorite is the Too Faced Hangover.

This is my very first milk makeup product ever and I was very excited to have it. When I first applied it to my bare skin I noticed that it had fine shimmer in it which gives the luminosity I suppose but the luminosity can accentuate pores. It also has a slight citrus like scent to it. It is cruelty-free (BIG yes to me) and vegan as well. I have combination oily skin, if you are very oily I wouldn't recommend this, I don't think it mattifies or blurs pores.

My cheeks are my problem areas which sometimes will have breakouts and do have some small scars from acne and visible pores as well.  They are not huge but you can see them. I decided that since I like how it looks natural under foundation BUT does not blur pores, to put it on top of my Becca Matte and Poreless which does help with that a bit. I did not over apply and glided the product all over my face after I placed the Becca in my problem areas.

The blur stick helped my foundation glide smoothly and look most natural with that luminous finish and not greasy, as for longevity? I would not rely on a primer on that as I set my face with both powder and a setting spray, but it did help my foundation adhere smooth and did not cake up or crumble.



Mario Badescu Spray Green Version

Primer: Becca Poreless (make sure it's spread out not patted because it will start pilling)

Milk Makeup Blurring Primer Stick-Luminous
(from Influenster)

Foundation: Becca Complexion Creme in Nude
Good Alternatives: ABH Stick foundation (applied same way)/ Wet N Wild Photofocus (with fingers onto the face then damp sponge, and have to use powder foundation on top as this has some flashback-TRUST ME)

Real Techniques buffing brush (core collection set) and sponge (with case from Ulta)

Concealer: Becca Aqua Luminous in Beige 
ALTERNATIVE: Colourpop Concealer (but it's a bit thicker in consistency, separates in tube a bit make sure to shake it)

Real Techniques Eraser sponges (used damp as mini sponges works AMAZING bigger than mini beauty blender but better grip on it)

(only very little) CoverFx Setting Powder in Translucent Light
ALTERNATIVE: Air Spun in Translucent Extra Coverage (I use this all the time but the scent is bothering me at the moment since I'm sick it has a very strong scent)

Kat Von D Blotting Powder-Medium


NYX Brow Pencils in ash brown 
ALTERNATIVE: Colourpop Pencils

ABH Contour in Fawn
ALTERNATIVE: Wet N Wild Contouring Palette in Dulce de Leche (it is more powdery so very lightly tap on product then distribute on palms of hands)


Tarte Paaarty Blush
ALTERNATIVE: ANY pale muted nude pink 

Big Brush from Aliexpress

**ended up adding Hourglass Ambient in Dim Light for more all over luminous look**

Wet N Wild Precious Petals powder highlight

ABH Dupe brush from Aliexpress (dupe brushes and this brush on my blog: http://miqpaula.blogspot.com/2017/11/abhsigmamorphereal-techniques-brushes.html )

ABH Contour in Havana as eyeshadow
ALTERNATIVE: NYC sunny bronzer

MAC 217 brush

NYX brown pencil liner

Flat Liner Brush (no name)

Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray
ALTERNATIVE: Milani Make It Last Setting Spray

Shiseido Lash Curler

Mally Beauty Mascara (free from Influenster)

Burt's Bee's Mango Lip Balm

Bite Beauty Rhubarb

Music during the video:
IR7 Sounds Jonas Blue Perfect Strangers
*I do not own rights to this music*

Intro and Outro Music:
I do not own the rights to this music. 

From:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg1I5kqB1tM
Ellie Goulding's cover of The Weeknd’s “High For This”, production by Xaphoon Jones (Known for being the DJ / Drummer for Chiddy Bang

Original: The Weeknd "High for This" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX9DgavXiN4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ABH/Sigma/Morphe/Real Techniques Brushes Dupe for $2-5