Tarte Shape Tape Foundation Matte

Tarte Shape Tape Matte Foundation
Price: $39 (kind of steep but that’s usually prices now?)
*I would really suggest trying the shades out in store when they come out at ulta because online won't do you any good and it oxidizes*

PROS:
-vegan & cruelty free
-coverage is medium and can be layered to full
-semi-matte (not matte matte)
-even with that coverage it looks natural and seamless
-fragrance free

CONS:
-shades have weird undertone? (I got medium tan honey and it was very warm like red base?)
-medium sand, medium neutral and medium tan honey were my top choices but the pictures were sooooooo far off from each other 
-I'm thinking all "honey" and tan shades may have the reddish undertone
-at first it looked like it matches then it didn’t then it really didn’t since it oxidizes
-it lasted with that good coverage I would say good 6 hrs and kept getting less and less (broke down so maybe with a powder foundation it would last more, yes I used a setting powder and spray)
-didn’t emphasize anything but if you have dry areas and lines, but maybe after a while they’ll be very obvious (my laugh lines became more and more obvious it started settling there after a while)

-VERY little gray flashback (does not show through colored powder though)

If you have a youtube let me know so I can check it out!
Video with demo:

no makeup prior to foundation application      

 one layer then adding another


 taken with flash (I have kat von d blotting powder on top except neck area that's where the gray is more visible)

 left side has foundation compared to right without, there's that minor ish flashback (taken with flash)

after 12 hours


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ABH/Sigma/Morphe/Real Techniques Brushes Dupe for $2-5